The house and flat, which can be rented separately or together, are very well equipped, with linen provided and all fuel costs included in the rent.
The Main House:
The front door leads into a large entrance hall with a piano and staircase, which opens onto:
- Cloakroom with WC, basin and hot towel rail;
- A vast sitting room with an open beamed ceiling an open, working fireplace and magnificent views over the loch. There are plenty of books and a CD player;
- Utility room with a washing machine, dryer, freezer and bread making machine;
- Kitchen/dining area with a big table and chairs to seat 14. A large granite work surface separates the eating area from the spacious and well equipped kitchen area which includes a dishwasher, oil Rayburn, electric cooker and fridge. An outside door at the dining end opens onto a patio, and a lawn leading down to the loch. The other end opens into
- Playroom with a well stocked games cupboard and bookshelves;
- Smaller hall with a second staircase;
- Twin bedroom;
- Shower room with WC, basin and hot towel rail.
Upstairs (accessed by a staircase either end of the house) there are
- Double bedroom with magnificent sea view;
- Bathroom with WC, basin, hot towel rail and shower over the bath;
- Bunk room with a bunk bed and two single beds;
- Twin bedroom;
- Double bedroom with a cot and a child s bed;
- Single bedroom;
- Bathroom with WC, basin and hot towel rail;
- Double bedroom with open fireplace
The east side of the house has an outside, well lit staircase leading to a self contained flat. The heating and hot water for the flat are electric, and are separate from the supplies in the main house. The front door opens into a hall with a bookcase, leading, on the left to a double bedroom.
Straight ahead is the bathroom with WC, basin and a shower over the bath, and to the right is the sitting room/kitchenette. The sitting area has a working open fireplace, a sofa bed, armchair and table to seat 4. The kitchenette is very well equipped and has a small fridge, electric cooker and washing machine/dryer.
The Games Room
Beneath the flat is a large indoor games room, with a table tennis table, buckets and spades and a croquet set.
Such a wonderful place to recharge and relax. Can’t wait for next year!John & Jane
Isle of South Uist